1. Must be in or advancing into high school in the time you sign up
2. Must be fluent in the English Language
3. Must have time available on Friday night, Saturday Morning or Night
4. Read the information down below carefully
Sign up below!
Once you Register:
~7 days after you register- we will contact you via email with your student's information and level. From then on, you will be able to directly contact your student to schedule lessons and talk about their learning goals.
~You then have your lessons on Zoom, Facetime, Google meet, Whatsapp, Skype, etc however frequently you and your student decided. Make sure you keep track of your community service hours counting the hour(s)/minute(s) of prep and lesson time.
~1 month later- An evaluation form will be sent out to you and your student for us to make sure lessons are going well.
~You may keep on teaching until you or your student would like a break, or would like to discontinue Language Virtual for any reason.
Don't worry if this is your first time teaching English, we have made a list of ways you can teach down below in "Materials". We are always able to come up with curriculum materials for you if you are new to teaching English/teaching in general. Most of our students need help on grammar, vocabulary, or simply the conversational asepct of English.
1. If you wish to withdraw or change the amount of students you are teaching at any time, please tell us a week in advance.
2. If you cannot make a session with your student, let them know 2 days in advance (keep in mind the time difference).
3. Try to respond quickly to your student's texts or messages.
4. It will be great if you can recommend us to a friend!
Our different curriculum materials and teaching recommendations can be found in the link below. These can help you start your first session and develop a routine for each lesson.
Below you can find an ideal community service form you could use to track your teaching hours.